Podcasts To Inspire You About Web Development & Entrepreneurship
October 12, 2019
Here's a list of my favorite podcasts and episodes that I have discovered over the years. Most of these are interviews with various makers and founders because I find it very inspiring to hear their background stories. It's also a great way to get ideas for your own web development projects!
If you have a favorite podcast or episode from a podcast, share it below! I'm always looking for new things to listen to.
Probably my favorite podcast right now, hosted by Courtland Allen. So many great interviews with developers and online business owners! It's super interesting to discover how they started their online projects and the mistakes they've made along the way.
- #105: Charting Your Own Course as a Founder with Jason Fried of Basecamp
- #098: How to Make $2.5MM as a Solo Founder by Teaching What You Love with Adam Wathan
- #095: Reaching $20MM/year Building Hundreds of Products with Chad Pytel of thoughtbot
- #093: Things You Learn from Starting 23 Businesses with “Parallel Founder” Danielle Baskin
- #086: How to Build a Life You Love by Quitting Everything Else with Lynne Tye of Key Values
- #078: Taking on Google and Facebook as a Solo Open-Source Founder with Evan You of Vue.js
- #176: Building Steam Games with React
- #168: Blogging
- #162: The Fundamentals — JS
- #154: SVGs with Sara Soueidan
I just discovered the Yo! Podcast a few weeks ago but it quickly became a favorite of mine. Hosted by Rob Hope, he interviews some amazing people and mixes it up with rapid fire question rounds to keep things fun and interesting.
Hosted by Nick Loper, this podcast is more about various side hustles which range from house rentals to flea market retail arbitrage. I've picked out some of my favorites that relate to web development below.
- #354: Turning a Service Business into a Passive Income Stream – Part 2
- #325: The Million Dollar Hobby: Monetize What You’re Already Interested In
- #314: The Simple Way to Finally Set up and Sell Your Online Course
- #279: SEO for Bloggers: The Simple Way to Get More Free Traffic From Google
I like this podcast because the host, Andrew Warner, always has high energy and is not afraid to ask his guests the hard questions. There are a ton of episodes and he interviews so many different entrepreneurs, there's bound to be something that interests you.
- #1567: Ryan Carson of Treehouse: from startup founder to seasoned CEO
- #1513: How Snappa founder is so organized he has time for brunch... brunch!
- #1510: How Bonus.ly is helping companies show recognition to employees
- #1501: SunFrog, the $100M dollar, bootstrapped t-shirt platform
The quality of this podcast is top notch, which isn't a surprise since the host is Alex Blumberg of Gimlet Media. He also interviews a wide variety of people, but I've picked out my favorites related to the tech industry.
- An Early Facebook Insider Reckons with What He Built
- How to Fire People
- Groupon's Andrew Mason: Pt. 1, The Rise
- Groupon's Andrew Mason: Pt. 2, The Fall
This podcast seems to be kinda scatter-brained, there are a lot of episodes which are just replays from other shows. I don't follow it too closely, but I do have two favorite episodes below.
Do you have a favorite tech related podcast or episode? Share it below!